Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Update for May 6, 2009.





Aloha on this beautiful Wednesday morning. How good it is to be alive. The bikes are on their way. Liz from FedEx came and got them yesterday morning, and they should be halfway there by the end of the day. I'm almost as scared as I am excited. It's all too real.

Yesterday Lisa and I gave a presentation up at the Molokai Middle School. Thhe "Uplink" program headed by Lynn Bonk and her assistand Rily(I hope I spelt that right) Domingo kindly asked us a few weeks ago if we wouldn't mind sharing our idea with the class. At first I was apprehensive, because I wouldn't know what to tell them. Then I had a phone message from a nice lady named Anna who told me that she had done that crossing a few years earlier going the other way. I called her up, we talked, and to my delight, she had pictures, and was more than willing to join us for this presentation. Now this was exciting, I had my camera with me, but was so thrilled I forgot to take pictures. I wanted this more than the kids. Needless to say, the presentation went well, and believe it or not, the kids were actually paying attention. I guess it's true. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I also wanted to let all of you know that the sushi fund raiser went really well. Maricel at "Take's Variety Store" went way beyond the call. I understand from Carol that she was up at 3:30AM the morning of the sale preparing. Garrick, you are one lucky man. I would trade my best bike for one like that.
Until next time, Aloha, Ted.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ted,
I am so excited for you and can't wait to read about your daily adventures as you pedal across the USA! Sorry our paths couldn't cross in Damascus, VA. I would certainly have liked to meet you. Bike strong!
Tailwinds,
Marc "Spokes" DeLuca
www.trailjournals.com/spokes
www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/ibikefar