Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9th, 2009, We're finally here.

We made the 6000 mile journey in one piece. We ended up making 4 change overs to get here. My daughter Krystal who is vacationing here from South Dakota met us at the sir port. She and a friend of her's spent the rest of the day with us, helping us get settled in with some needed preparation such as checking into the hotel, setting up a cell phone line for me, getting lunch and stuff like that. In all the excitement, I forgot to take pictures. I'll remember to take more shots.

Our bikes and equipment were already here at the travel lodge waiting for us in very, very good condition. I was very pleased with t he shape they showed up in.Tomorrow I will begin putting the bikes together, and maybe take it for a short test ride to see how everything feels.

I was surprised by how busy the roads are around here. And the fact that there are no shoulders. I later found out though, that the bike paths are actually separate from the roads, and look like side walks. Pretty neat.

More to come tomorrow, gotta finish unpacking. Aloha Ted.

No comments: